Providing Kibera volunteer resources for Kenya slums
Please help – the people of Kibera need you!
Kibera volunteer resources
Kibera is situated 5kms southwest of Nairobi, housing c.250,000 people in one of the largest settlements in Africa. The people are living in extreme poverty and much help is needed. For facts and information about how you could help, see here
- Kibera UK provides information and contacts to volunteers considering working in Kibera, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Volunteers can be from anywhere in the world. You should be aged 18+, educated, keen, determined, fit & healthy and compassionate.
- Jobs available: assisting in schools, Medical Clinics, orphanages, job training, helping with basic human rights and also organising sport.
- Job duration: Ideal Min.2 months, but can be for any period of time.
- Ideal for volunteers who wish to take a Gap Year in Kenya before or after University.
To get an insight into what life is like for those who live in the slums of Nairobi, have a look at the video below. This was made by two-time Emmy nominated Photojournalist Tim McRobert and shows not just the level of poverty in Kenya's slums but the result of positive, well targeted help. It is inspiring, to say the least, and you too could be a part of making a difference.
So, do you think you can make a difference? Can you contribute your time, your knowledge, your privileged education for the benefit of others? If you can, Kibera UK can point you in the right direction in regard to accommodation and job placement. You may make a life changing difference to a thousand, a hundred, ten or just one - but that's got to be worthwhile hasn't it?
If you do want to help, you pay your own airfare, hostel & living costs etc. and this site will help you with organising and advising to make sure your stay is as safe as possible and you are able to meet your own personal goals as well as helping the people of Kibera. The running costs of this site are entirely funded by our sponsors and any donations received are forwarded direct to organisations in Kibera for the benefit of the people of Kibera